Get to know us, so we can get to know you.
At Boss Lawyers, we are a Team – and that includes You. We deliver personal, positive
and professional experiences to our clients. It’s the Boss Difference.
Mark helps businesses protect their commercial interests by advising on and enforcing contracts — through both preventive measures and, when necessary, litigation.
Mark has practiced in commercial law, commercial litigation and insolvency law for almost 10 years. He established the firm in 2014. With degrees in law and information technology, as well as being a director of several companies, Mark speaks the language of business owners and has a first hand understanding of the issues facing his clients.
His experience extends to assisting businesses be paid for goods and services rendered in a range of industries, disputes about the provision of credit and personal guarantees, together with many other disputes arising out of the building & construction industry as well as advising company directors of their statutory and fiduciary duties.
Mark’s experience as a litigator helps him anticipate potentially troublesome situations that can arise in all types of disputes.
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology, 2007
- Bachelor of Information Technology, Queensland University of Technology, 2007
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2008
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 2008
Professional Publications and Committees
- Law and Legislation Portfolio Councillor – Australian Institute of Credit Management
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Pro Bono Lawyer – Arts Law Centre of Australia
- Past Member, Queensland Law Society Access to Justice & Ethics
- Principal, Boss Lawyers, 2014 to present
- Solicitor, Tucker & Cowen, 2011 – 2014
- Solicitor / Associate, Rostron & Carlyle, 2009 -2011
- Law Clerk / Solicitor, Kenny & Co, 2006 – 2008
Commercial Litigation and Insolvency Experience
- corporate insolvency litigation
- bankruptcy litigation
- professional negligence claims
- partnership disputes, joint venture disputes
- intellectual property litigation;
- Public Examinations
- property joint ventures, trust, financing disputes
- commercial lease disputes
- specific performance, restitution and other specialty remedies
- rent review issues.
I’ve been working as a lawyer exclusively in commercial litigation and dispute resolution since 2010. In that time, I have acted for individuals, partnerships, trustees and private companies in a variety of matters and court and tribunal proceedings, and I have developed a particular interest in assisting clients with issues arising from contractual and building and construction disputes.
My approach to commercial disputes is pragmatic and outcome-orientated. I work with our clients to understand their issues, and to provide them with practical advice and quality service aimed at protecting and pursuing their interests, and obtaining the best possible outcome in the most cost-effective way.
I am admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia.