Specialist Practice Fields
- Banking and Finance: Securities Advice and Enforcement
- Commercial Property Disputes
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Insolvency and Restructures
- Corporate and Business Disputes
- Corporations Law
- Defamation and Media Law
- Directors and Officers; Fraud, Misconduct and Insurance
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Professional Negligence
Mark Harley is the Managing Director of Boss Lawyers, a specialist commercial litigation, insolvency and commercial law firm.
He is a lawyer admitted to practice law and is a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland; his name is on the roll of the High Court of Australia. Since Mark’s admission in 2008, he has practised exclusively in commercial litigation and insolvency law.
Mark’s commercial litigation experience includes:
- corporate insolvency litigation
- Australian financial services advice and regulatory infringement claims
- bankruptcy litigation
- representing public and proprietary company directors in professional indemnity claims
- professional negligence claims involving architects, accountants and lawyers
- planning and environment appeals
- commercial property disputes
- intra-company and shareholder disputes
- partnership dissolutions, joint venture disputes
- intellectual property litigation.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mark has an advisory practice for corporations, their boards, and insolvency practitioners. He has experience in cross-border insolvency matters, including international insolvencies involving cross-border issues in the UK, USA, and Hong Kong.
Mark’s commercial experience includes:
- property joint ventures, trust, financing disputes
- commercial lease disputes
- specific performance, restitution and other specialty remedies
- rent review issues.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Queensland University of Technology, 2008
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology, 2007
- Bachelor of Information Technology (majoring in Information Systems), Queensland University of Technology, 2007
- Admitted as solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2008
- Admitted to practise in the High Court of Australia
Professional publications and committees
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Law and Legislation Portfolio Councillor – Australian Institute of Credit Management (2017 – 2019)
- Pro Bono Lawyer – Arts Law Centre of Australia (2012 – 2018)
- Past Member, Queensland Law Society Access to Justice & Ethics (2014 – 2016)
- “Changes to the Postal Evidence Rule”, Volume 26, No 2, December 2018, Legal Publication for the Australian Institute of Credit Management
- “Till Debt do us Part”, Volume 26, No 3, March 2019, Legal Publication for the Australian Institute of Credit Management
- Principal, Boss Lawyers, 2014 to present
- Solicitor, Tucker & Cowen Solicitors, 2011 – 2014
- Solicitor / Associate, Rostron & Carlyle, 2009 -2011
- Law Clerk / Solicitor, Kenny & Co, 2006 – 2008
Sharon has gained experience in a number of commercial and corporate matters, including interpreting legislation in insolvency, corporate governance, compulsory acquisition of land, contractual issues, retail shop leases and trademark infringements.
Sharon is admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of Queensland. She holds a Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice.
Sharon was promoted to Associate in 2023.
Before joining Boss Lawyers, Sharon worked as an environmental engineer at Gold Coast Water and URS Australia and was involved in assisting clients regarding contaminated land, water quality monitoring and modelling, flood modelling, air quality reporting, water balance modelling and environmental site assessments for petroleum stations. Sharon has also gained experience in the retail industry where she created an invoicing system to calculate rental outgoings and was involved in rental reviews.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Southern Queensland, 2014 – 2018
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering (Hons), Griffith University, 1998-2001
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, 2018
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2019
- Lawyer / Paralegal, Boss Lawyers, 2017- present
- Property Management Officer, Retail Shopping Centre, 2007-2012
- Project Surface Water Engineer, URS Australia, 2002-2006
- Project Engineer, Gold Coast Water, 2001-2002
Commercial, Corporate and Insolvency Experience
- Compulsory acquisition of land
- Retail shop leases and outgoings
- Unfair preference claims
- Cross border insolvency
- Company insolvency
- Trademark infringement
- Drafting commercial contracts
- Corporate governance